Marc Schonbrun
Marc Schonbrun, Mac Genius
Experience:  Author of 10 books on computers, technology and music. Owner of forums dedicated to Mac OSX help.

Have installed PocketMac and have icon on desktop but the program

Have installed PocketMac and have icon on desktop but the program won't open. Have deleted old MissingSync program and re-installed and still no luck. Program just won't open.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Marc Schonbrun replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
After installing PocketMac I opened the program and as advertised, I got the screen which asked for the serial number. I ewntered the number and it was accepted. An icon appears on the desktop screen and it says "double click for PocketMac"
After double clicking, the icon enlarges for a split second and then it sort of flashes and then NOTHING happens. The program does not open. When I try to open the program from Finder it still won't open. Have re-installed many times and have had the first time field which requests the serial number open....have entered the number...then can't open the program.

The icon just sets there but when I click on it the program won't open.

What do I do to get the program to open??

William Daney
Hi William,

Go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Select your drive on the left side and press "Repair Disk Permissions" and wait for it to finish. Restart your computer and try again.

Does this resolve the problem?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tried tha and i still doesn't work.
Hi WIlliam,

I think you may want to send a note off to tech support for this product. I've looked around, and you're not the only one having this issue; there seems to be something up with the release as it is right now.