The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
11634089

I have a new Blackberry Curve that I am only able to sync the

Customer Question

I have a new Blackberry Curve that I am only able to sync the calendar function on my Mac OS 10.5.5 (new in May 2008). After the first sync, the Contacts in my address book transferred to my Blackberry and the only remaining contacts in my Mac address book are numeric and have first names beginning with "A". The rest of the contacts are on the Blackberry. To be able to get the calendar functions to sync, I only checked the calendar function. Haven't tried syncing anything else. I downloaded the software twice thinking that might be the problem. When I do sync, the progress bar looks almost complete and then it "hangs" for over an hour. Please help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a backup of your original addresses? Perhaps through time machine?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
unfortunately, no. My hard drive back up had errors and I got a new one after the addresses were lost
Are you using pocketmac? Did you download the latest version? If so, open it up, select contacts, make sure it is clicked on address book, then click advanced, and tell pocketmac to overwrite the computer on the sync. Then sync it up.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks. Did the 2-way sync before.
Pocketmac can be glitchy. Especially when you make a lot of changes, or are having issues, a one way sync can help.