The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

My 2004 entourage will not export so I can move it into new

My 2004 entourage will not export so I can move it into new laptop with entourage 2008. The .rge doesn't have any info in it. I rebuilt the data base, but it said it did'nt need rebuilding. Did it any way. Still will not export to .rge file. The data base is huge, 1200 names, 1000s of emails.
How can I get this into new laptop running 2008? Ben(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
You don't need to export the database, just go into your home folder, and then into your documents folder. There you will find a folder called Microsoft User Data. Go in there and grab the Office 2004 identities folder, and move it to the laptop with 2008. Drop the folder into the Microsoft User Data folder in the laptop's home folder/documents folder.

It should automatically offer to import that data when you open Entourage 08. If it doesn't, go to the file menu, select import, then tell it to import from a prior version and it will take care of the rest.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm trying it now. I thought about that but could get no knowledge from anywhere if this would work. The file is 17gig. If it works I will gladly pay the $. Will the 2008 sync with mobile me directly?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Identity starts to copy to the external hard drive, but then it interrupts with the message "Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred. Error code 1309.....