Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

I installed InDesignCS2.0 on my Mac G4. I cant get it to launch.

Customer Question

I installed InDesignCS2.0 on my Mac G4. I can't get it to launch. I'm running OS 10.4.11
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
What happens when you try to launch it? Does it bounce at all? You can try doing a permissions repair and see if that will help. Did it ever start up?

To do permissions repair, go to your applications folder, and then to your utilities folder, then open disk utility. Select your rive on the left. then select First Aid, then at the bottom select repair disk permissions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I repaired the permissions earlier today. It doesn't bounce. It just doesn't launch.
If you have no disk drive, how did you install? You may want to uninstall and then reinstall. Did it ever work?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a CD drive. I tried reinstalling. It has never launched.
I have to leave my office for a while. I'll be able to contact you only by email.
I need a more advanced solution.
I am going to opt out and let another expert give you some more advanced suggestions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have not received a solution to this problem.
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.

I really think MacWhisperer is basically right on uninstalling and reinstalling. You might just need to do a little extra on the uninstalling part and a disk repair. Along with throwing the whole InDesign folder away in the Applications folder, go to your home folder/Library/Preferences and find the folder "Adobe Indesign" and the file "com.adobe.InDesign.plist" and "com.adobe.alm.adobelmbundle.plist". Throw these in the trash and empty it, restart and as soon as you hear the startup chime hold the keys:

Command S keys. You'll get a Unix text screen. When the prompt come up type:

fsck -f

make sure there is a space between k and -. When the diagnostics say the computer seems to be ok type:

reboot then hit return and you'll start up back to normal and reinstall the app.

See if this gets you launching.