Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

iMovie 6.03 When i import digital photos from iPhoto they

Customer Question

iMovie 6.03: When i import digital photos from iPhoto they import blank (black). Help, I have a presentation soon.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer

Have you viewed them in your camera's viewer to make sure the were ok there? The first thing I would try is going to your home folder and go to Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphoto.plist. Drag the com.apple.iphoto.plist file to your desktop. Put it on your desktop just in case this is not the problem and you can put it back where it came from. Close the Finder window and start up iPhoto and see if those photos look good now or reimport them from the camera/hard drive.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
None of this worked. The picures are fine in the camera's viewer and I can also see them and add Ken Burn's effect from iPhoto within iMovie. When I click "Apply" to insert the picture into the imovie project, it renders it, the frame is solid blue with no image and shows black in the project.
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry, I wrote the wrong plist file to tell you to put on the desktop. I meant to say put the com.apple.imovie.plist on the desktop. Make sure iMovie is not running when you take the plist file from your preferences folder to the desktop. Try that and see if that does it. Also, try restarting the computer to give it a fresh start.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Rob, I am not sure if you got my last reply. This did not work either. The pictures look fine in iPhoto. I can print them, modify them but they import as blue blanks to iMovie. There must be solution to this problem somewere.
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.
I got it ok. I just replied to your new post titling my name.