The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

how can I get a user manual for the Apple notebook M6497.

how can I get a user manual for the Apple notebook M6497. It was given to me...never used mac before
Macs don't really come with user manuals. They don't really need it, they're pretty simple machines to use. The model you have is the iBook G3. If you refer to it as M6497 most people won't have a clue what you're referring to. I had to look it up myself to find out.

You can get a lot of info about how to use it by going to the apple site and checking out their info. You can also go online to to watch video tutorials.

It will help to know what version of the operating system you are using too. Find that out by clicking on the apple on the top left of your screen (called the apple menu) and selecting about this mac. 10.2 is known as Jaguar, 10.3 is known as Panther, 10.4 is known as Tiger, and 10.5 is Leopard.

If this answer was helpful please click accept so i can get paid. If not, please let me know.
You should also consider picking up a book called the Missing Manual. They have missing manuals for all models of computer and operating systems as well as other topics.