drpj, Mac Genius
Experience:  Providing Mac support in universities since 1984

Hello - I found that the computer has been logging when I dont

Hello - I found that the computer has been logging when I don't need it to.I opened the console application in utilities and found unecessary logs of computer action.I don't know enough however to turn off the logging function. Could you indicate how I would-if ot is possible? thanks
Can you tell me what some of the logging messages are? Many of them are normal and won't affect performance. it's only those that repeat many times that are a clue. copy some (like 50 - 100) lines from the Console window and paste it into your next message. If you have a choice, choose "All Messages" not just Console or System. this is a feature on Mac OS X 10.5.x and newer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello I am unable to paste a copy of the logs but the only repeating message is a warning about being unable to interpret a date and/or time from the source I was using and making a "best guess or approximation" of the date and time,Thanks
Could you please provide the exact wording of that message?

Also, what programs are you running?

When you say you couldn't paste the console text, do you mean in the Just Answer text editor box or somewhere else. Were you able to copy it? Try copying less, many just 10 lines.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello again- the exact wording is SyndicationAgent[423]WARNING-best calendar date from string can't interpret:Thu 02 Oct 2008 15:42:19 -008 .I am running software from iemulator that creates a virtual pc from which to boot Windows 2000.I am not sure if I was even able to copy the log -I'll try 10 lines.Thanks
OK, this error may be caused by your RSS reader (Safari?) not being able to interpret the date in RSS feeds. If you don't use RSS (or even know what it is) then go to the Safari Menu>Preferences>RSS Tab> Changed the check for updates to never and also clicked on the Remove Now button at the bottom of the RSS tab. I found this information at

Hope this helps.