Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

if i turned off my computer and didnt save my documents is

if i turned off my computer and didn't save my documents is there any way to get them back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi.

Only if there was an autosave or draft save enabled. It really depends on the Application.

Most likely the answer here is no. But check your application settings carefuly by going through the preferences and help system. If there is a possibility to turn on Autosave or draft save, then turn it on and you will preven this in the future.

If this does help, please click Accept. If not, reply back here.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i turn auto save on?
and how do i know if it is turned on?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I do not know that.

I would need to know what application you use, and, if it even supports it.

Like I said, go through the Preferences of the application and look in the help menu and look for save, auto save. draft, etc... and see if it has anyting to help you.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Please stay on this question, don't open a new one.

I am looking up the specs on iwork to see if it supports autosave.

But, to answer your quesion again,
NO.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I checked the specifications and there is no auto save in Pages or Keynote.

You will need to recreate the document and save it often to prevent this from happening again.