Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

Print test ok, but documents in queue wont print.

I have an HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One printer connected to my iMac. It has been operating successfully until today. Now, despite following all the troubleshooting, printing a test page off the Utilities, etc - which worked, it still will not print any documents in the queue. I have shut both the iMac and the printer down and restarted both but still no good. Don't know what else to do?
First try would be to open the print queue select one of the items to be printed and click resume printing.

Second try would be go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and repair permissions.

Third try is going to System Preferences/Print & Fax and deleting the printer and re-adding it.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tried 1st one: won't resume coz it says its already printing (although it isn't)
Trying 2nd one but wasn't sure which utility to repair. Options are the DVD (not this one), or the Macintosh HD which is a sub folder under something called 298.1 GB WDC WD3200. So selected the latter and it is currently showing that "permissions differ on "Library/Printers/Hp etc" has 3 mins to go.
Let me know if repair permissions and restarting works. Or one of the other suggestions.