Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

I am getting error 10814 coming up when i try to open files

I am getting error 10814 coming up when i try to open files on my mac what can i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.
Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility and restarting.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It didn't work, not sure what to do nw
Expert:  Rob replied 8 years ago.
Another possibility is go to the application with the problem. Select it by clicking on it once, In the menu bar select File/Get Info. Under the General triangle there is a option to Open Using Rosetta. Put a check in that box and try opening your files. It will open slower but it may work.

Another possibility is going to your Home Folder/Library/Preferences and taking the preferences for Sandvox and throwing them away. The next time Sandvox is opened, it will create a new preference automatically.

Another possibility is creating a new user and try to open the files in that user. If that works, there is something corrupt with the user profile you are currently using. You could copy all of your files over to the new user.