Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

everything is large on my monitor (icons, curser, etc.) even

everything is large on my monitor (icons, curser, etc.) even when I open up a program. What happened?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Hi.

Try going to System Preferences and open Universal Access.

See if any of the settings in there are turned on.

This should help you.

If not, check your display resolution. In the same System Preferences dialog, look for Display and make sure it is set to high resolution.

If this helps, please click Accept. I not, reply back here.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I checked both of those - they are set correctly.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Wow. Those two are the only ones that can do this.

What type of Mac and what version of the OS?

Also, are you sure that Zoom is OFF in Universal Access? That is usally where this occurs due to hitting the shortcut keys by accident.

I am also curious about the type of Mac as I want to verify the resolution setting as well.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm using a mac mini with 10.4 OS. I am sure that the zoom is off. I turned it on and off just to make sure.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Ok.

It sounds like the resolution is off.

What type of display do you have connected to the Mini? Make and model. I'll make sure of the supported resolutions and maybe we need to reset them.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

unfortunately I'm not at my office right now (where the computer with the problem is), but when I go back in on Monday can I get that info to you? How can I contact you?

You've been very helpful so I'll send in the payment anyway, but please respond with the information after Monday.