Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

In typing my documents in Apple works word processing the reaction

Customer Question

In typing my documents in Apple works word processing the reaction of the keyboard is very slow in all Fonts. I don't notice the same problem in typing this message.   I have an I Mac with all the power possible, and use Apple works 6.2.9 @ 19912003. Do you have an idea?   Jeanne Hobbs
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
AppleWorks is pretty old and finding support on this is a little tough.

I did find this Apple Support article that has a tip for improving performance. Another article referenced in that article is this one.

Try those tips and see if the performance increases.

If not, my advice would be to find a suitable Word Processor to upgrade to, like Microsoft Word, or even Apple iWork, which includes Pages. Make sure to save all of your Documents in a RTF (Rich Text Format) or Plain Text format so the newer program, if you decide to upgrade, can read them.

If this helps, please click Accept. If not, please reply back.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
dear Mke, i seem to be unable to speed up the Appleworks.     Do you suggest a program that is more modern? I will not use Microsoft! Thank you. sbboh
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
You can use NeoOffice. It is an open source, MS Word compatible office like suite of applications for the Mac.

Check it out here. I use it and have had no issues with it.

Let me know if this helps. If it answers your question, then please click Accept.

If not, reply back.