Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

Can you please tell where I should install my fonts on my mac.

Customer Question

Can you please tell where I should install my fonts on my mac. When i place them in the fonts folder within my home computer, library, fonts folder, they all automatically load when I open font book. This wouldn't be a problem but I have over 1000 and I think one or more maybe corrupt, and so I have certain issues when they all load up. I would like to be able to load them as and when I need them. Is there a preference in font book that I can't find?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
What you can do is install them all into the Font Book and then create Collections of fonts. Then you can disable the collections you only want to use occasionally and enable them when you wish to use them.