Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

Need to sync my music from itunes to my blackberry curve. Having

Customer Question

Need to sync my music from itunes to my blackberry curve. Having difficulty. Have a sd media card, 8 gig, so I have enough memory. Have already tried enabling the mass storage device. The Blackberry sees my itunes on my mac, but can't transfer the music. Tried several times, just won't go.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 5 years ago.
Are you referring to music purchased from the iTunes Music Store?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Actually, my itunes library is a combination of purchases from itunes and music transferred from CD collection

Deborah

The purchases from iTunes cannot be transferred without burning them to a CD and then transferring them back into iTunes. This is due to the FairPlay Digital Rights Management software that is encoded into all iTunes purchases.

Now the music transferred from the music collection should be easily transferred to your Blackberry. Do you have the Blackberry connected to the computer using a USB cable, or is it connected via Bluetooth?

Also, can you see your blackberry on your computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well,

That makes sense about the tranfer of itunes music.

I am using pocketmac, so I see the transfer screen. On the first page, the device connected is identified as my Blackberry.

I am connected via USB cable.

In iTunes create a small playlist of songs that you know are unprotected, just so we can try to get it working. Now go into PocketMac.

Make sure that the iTunes feature of PocketMac is on; click the box next to “Push iTunes Music to the
BlackBerry from the Mac.”

On the left column, scroll down and check the box next to the Playlist you just created and sync your Blackberry. This should work to move music from your mac to your Blackberry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay,

I'm not at the computer where my Blackberry is attached. Is there a way I can contact you to finish this if your answer does not work?

Sure, this topic will remain here, just respond if it doesn't work for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will you notify me by email? I will be at a different location from this computer.

Deborah

You can just log into the JustAnswer site, and respond.