Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

How do I get my Mac to recognize a default email address

How do I get my Mac to recognize a 'default' email address other than Entourage?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Yes. That is the normal behavior. To change what Applications open with a mail request you go to Apple Mail application and in preferences within Mail you set the default email client.

Go to Applications folder (or your dock) and look for the Mail application
After it opens, go to Preferences and choose the General button in the Toolbar at the top
The first line is the Default Email Reader choice. Here you can change to any Email client on your Mac.

You could choose Safari or Firefox as your default email client, but it will only open to your Home page and will not open a Yahoo or Gmail or any other webmail client and set a new email message for you.

Not sure if any third party apps are out there that will do what you ask, but as far as Mac OS X, this is the only setting you get.

If this answers your questiopn, please click Accept. If not, reply back and we will explore this further.