Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

Is there an accounting or bookkeeping software for musicians

Is there an accounting or bookkeeping software for musicians (singer/songwriter) Mac supported.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help here.

A quick look over the WWW showed a lot of software out there for musicians and studios.

Here is one for OS X specifically. If this is what you are looking for, check it out.

There is also an Excel spreadsheet that may work as well.

If these are what you want, and this answer helps you, please click Accept.

If not, please get back to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The info you sent me is for managing a studio, what I am looking for is the accounting or bookkeeping software to prepare the taxes for a musician- singer/songwriter to show and categorize all the expenses and deductables.

My preference at that point is to be able to dump all that information in Quick books and continue with my general accounting.

Looking forward to getting your info.

Sylva

Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Ok, sorry. From your original post I thought you wanted to have a solution.

My bad.

Not sure what to do here so I will opt-out as i have no experience at all in accounting packages and would not want to waste your time.

Sorry,
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can you refer me to an entertainment accounting expert who might know what software packages there might exist?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

HI,

Do you currently have your accounting setup in Quick books on your mac?

If so are you looking for a different package to perform all of your accounting functions?

Is this for a single musician or are you looking for something to manage multiple musicians, Session musicians, Equipment rentals, travel, etc?

Let us know a little more detail about what you are looking for.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes I do have quick books on my mac and i am looking for a package (not necessarily quick books) specifically to manage multiple musicians, session musicians, performances, travel, photo shoots, video expenses, clothing, rentals, lodging etc.,.... every aspect of a musicians career.