Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My MacBook wont turn on.

Customer Question

My MacBook was working fine last evening. Now it won't turn on. I press the 'on' key and get a sound from it as if it is going to turn on, but the screen stays blank. What can i do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
Have you tried plugging in an external monitor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
A MacBook is a laptop. I don't see how I can plug in an external monitor. This is not a good answer to my question. Sorry. While I was waiting I downloaded the MacBook manual (using another computer), fiddled with my computer and it somehow turned on. I think I will get it serviced.

Thanks so much for your help. I know it was a tough question, but I cannot accept your answer as being a useful one.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry. but your answer doesn't work for me. I downloaded the MacBook manual and fiddled with my computer. Somehow it turned on. Thanks for giving my question a go. Maybe next time