Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a VPN connection to my work. I can connect to the VPN

I have a VPN connection to my work. I can connect to the VPN and have been told I have access to the drive I'm looking for. I cannot find the drive in Finder.

What software are you using to connect to the VPN?

Once connected does anything show up, Any windows, Icons?

Let us know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I went through Network Preferences from the system preferences menu. I added a new network for the vpn and put in the server address, and user name. I hit the connect button, I'm prompted for my password XXXXX i put in and then I'm connected to the VPN. I have the box checked to show the VPN status in the top bar which it shows me I'm connected.

It's at that point that the problem starts. Now connected, I can't find the z-drive I need access to anywhere in the finder.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.

Did your administrator give you a name or path for the Z drive?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know the name of the drive..but no..I don't have the path. I thought it would just show up in the finder. I don't see anything on my computer that isn't my computer.

Usually your admin would give you a mapable drive we could use to conect to using an SMB command, However if you only have the Z drive to connect to could you try to open the finder and look where it says Macintosh HD, Network etc.. and let me know if you see an icon that says external?

Let me know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No there isn't any icon like that. And the network window has nothing.

Are you connecting to a windows or mac server?

Do you know the server name, It should be something like whateverserver\Cdrive?

Can you find it out?

If so click the Finder icon in the Dock. then choose Connect to Server from the Go menu In the address field of the Connect to Server dialog, type the URL using this syntax smb://whateverserver/Cdrive/ and then click Connect.

Let me know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It's a windows server. I'll get that info and try it.

When this all works out I will write the mother of all testimonials I promise you

One other thing to find out if you can is the IP range of your office network that the server is on.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok..I got it. By "range" I thought it would be a set of numbers but its just one IP address. I assume I should plug that in as I did for the server name. Yes?

That should work.

What is the IP you have?