John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I want my power point presentation to open up inline within

Customer Question

I want my power point presentation to open up inline within an e-mail without downloading the presentation. I know this can be done, I just need to be shown step by step to do it.   I am using Microsoft Outlook on some mailings from work and some from home on AOL's browser.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

This can be done in gmail which has introduced a new feature called 'View as slideshow". This will open your slideshow in a browser window without launching the PowerPoint application. Also the file should be sent in pps and not ppt format.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I assume you mean Google e-mail? also how do you save PPT as a PPS file?
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Yes, gmail is indeed the term used for Google email.

You can save the presentation to pps format by either:

opening it using Powerpoint program then click File > Save As, and choose 'Powerpoint Show (*.pps) from the 'Save type as' drop down list,

OR

just go to the file and simply rename the file by replacing the ppt extension.by pps.

Hope this helps.

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience: Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I trust your judgement. I'm at the IBM clone at work and will try this later. Have a great day.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Thanks. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am having trouble figuring out how to find the "view as slideshow" on Gmail. I also want to send these e-mails to clients so that the client doesn't have to download the file. Is this option that Gmail has going to accomplish that?
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

When you open the message that has the ppt or pps presentation you will see the View As Slideshow link next to the file name, as shown in the image below.

(Note: you will see the View As Slideshow option only if there is an attachment and if the attachment is of ppt or pps type)

graphic

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX helps.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

You're welcome. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.