Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

upgraded emac to osx 10.5. but epson cx6400 wont print. Epson

Customer Question

upgraded emac to osx 10.5. but epson cx6400 won't print. Epson download site states use 10881/ v1.7ba driver. what VICE opens is 10881/cx6000 17a.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

When you did get the download and it was 17a (I just DL'd it as well and it is 17a) did you install it anyway?

Alot of peeopl on apple discussions are having some issues with this printer/driver. Some recommended FixaMac. It seems to be a program or detailed instructions to try and fix this.

Get back to me and I'll keep looking.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I installed 2 times but it didn't work.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
I had an answer for you,but for some reason it did not post. So here goes.

I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with Epson support. They had me do all kinds of stupid things like download the twain driver, and is it plugged in and connected and turned on. I said yes to all so when told me to download the very same file I had to try to tell him that it had to be wrong.

He went away and came back and asked me to make sure it was plugged in. I told thanks but I was done.

So anyway, it seems to be a real problem. The only other references were about a program called FixaMac. It is about 20 bucks I think. The claim is it supposedly tells you what is wrong/missing and you can then fix it.

I cannot tell you to buy that so up to you. Worth a shot maybe.

Anyway I can opt-out of this question and let someone else take over or you can close it and ask again and another Expert can try to help.

Sorry, but i cannot go any further without being there.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK Mike. I went to another driver (gutenprint) and it worked. I do have another problem , but not tonight
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
ahhh. good. Forgot that one. Glad t worked out.