Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

Hello and thanks for your service. I need to know if there

Hello and thanks for your service. I need to know if there is way to find out for sure what model of Mac that I have.My system profiler indicates that the machine model is PowerMac 2.1 but the front of the computer has an iMac logo on it. I have misplaced my original records concerning the model number ,This Mac has been upgraded from a 9 to XXXXX
Yes there is, click the Apple Menu and click About This Mac.

You will see a window that says Mac OS X with a Version number below it. Click the version number once, and you will see the build number of the operating system. Click the build number, and it will give you the serial number of your mac.

Post the serial number here, and I will be able to tell you the exact model and original configuration of your mac.