Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

Ive been using Delicious Library for several years and it

I've been using Delicious Library for several years and it worked great. In June I bought a new laptop and when the data was first migrated, it still worked. Suddenly in July the ap couldn't find the files. I have over 1200 books listed and don't want to lose the data. I've sent a request for help to Delicious 4 times since then and haven't gotten any response except to say a bug report was filed. How do I rescue my data?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 6 years ago.
If you go to Macintosh HD>Users>userid>Library>Application Support>Delicious Library

In that directory should be your Delicious Library file.

I would copy that file to the desktop and try to import it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm trying what you suggested again. I did try this earlier and it kept crashing, but I'll just leave it alone and if it works will get back to you on payment. I think the problem is that there are so many books and it checks against Amazon for each book.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Aggie, just to let you know I haven't forgotten you, the "update" has been running for about 90 minutes and so far nothing has shown up in the file. I've set both the computer and the display to "never sleep" to make sure that isn't interrupting the flow of data. I'll let you know if it finally updates or crashes.
No worries, I hope it is able to salvage your library. I would hate to have to reenter mine too and I don't have a library the size of yours.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Still just says it's loading details, but there isn't even one book shown in the library. I'll let you know if anything happens, but it's starting to seem unlikely.
The other thing I would suggest you try is download Delicious Library 2 and see if it can read your library file.
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience: B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've tried everything, including installing 2.0 on my old laptop that had an otutdated file set on it and then trying to duplicate all the settings on the new laptop. It just will not accept the data that I saved from it's original file. When it wouldn't restore or import from the file, I created a new Delicious Library 2 folder and dragged in all of the old data and placed it in the metadata file. Still won't recognize it. I think I'm going to have to accept that I have about 300 missing books and just live with it. If you want to go ahead and charge me, it's OK, since you tried hard to find a solution to the problem.
It's all up to you, if you felt I helped, click Accept and I will get paid. If not, your deposit will remain in your account.