Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

i have an i book G4 12 inch with OS 10.2.9.How do i upgrade

i have an i book G4 12 inch with OS 10.2.9.How do i upgrade to Tiger? I need help and will pay for the process being done for me.No local apple repair depots to my area.Upstate NY.
Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX Iw ill try to help you.

Can you tell me approximately where in NY you are? Not your address but just a city so I can find you a dealer that services Apples.

Upgrading is very easy to do. Get the disk, restart your mac, follow installer instructions, reboot.

Simple instructions above, but that is basically it.

I will get a list of some service providers near you if you can give me your city.

Thanks,
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much, Mike.. i am in Lewiston, NY 14092. There is a company some distance away called mac support experts.. But they are about aXXXXX

i wish i felt confident enough to do this myself , but i do not,.even though you make it sound so simple.

i found a new/used Tiger DVD for sale at amazon.. Is this legal.?
I figure it must be..it cost $179.00. am i best not to do this.

if my additional questions will cost me more, i will pay.

i really would like to know all the information i need and you are a qualified rep..

please tell me..ok..
maybe you can answer all my questions like: do i really NEED to upgrade if my computer is working well.

thanks again,
agnes
Hi.
I am searching for a service provider nearer than the store you found. I'll post when I find it.

Meanwhile, that cost seens very high. Make sure it is not a Family Pack, which includes 5 licenses for your home. You may only need one. Apple retailed this package at 129.00 so that price seems too high.

Here is a link to amazon for a dvd at 149.00.

I'll get back to you with a service center that can help you.

BTW... Thanks for the Accept!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
mike..i went to that link.. a couple of the offers were selling for three hundred dollars..

this was the one i saved
$179.97
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Like New

*
      Seller: cxrossbow
    *
      Rating:97% positive over the past 12 months (38 ratings.) 57 lifetime ratings.
    *
      Shipping: In Stock. Ships from VA, United States Expedited shipping available See Shipping Rates
    *
      Comments:   FULL INSTALL VERSION!, (not an upgrade) PERFECT CONDITION IN BOX WITH MANUAL & LICENSE, SHIPS SAME DAY ORDERED! M9639Z/A

agnes
ps.. tell me if i should deposit more to my accept.
Here is a link to the closest repair center to you

Western New York PC Solutions
(716)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Please contact the JustAnswer support about the addition of funds.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
tried adding an extra $3.00 but it sits in my account.

i am going to try sending this and see if i can send the $3.00 extra somehow.

thanks again,
agnes
Thanks for the additional funds and the bonus!!

I appreciate that.

TY

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am trying to figure this out..

i would like to get you the bonus, but when i click on the accept answer it sends me to a place which asks me to authorise a full $9.00 more.

although i appreciated your responses, and your time...somehow..well, i would rather pay $3.00more.

the pc solutions place you listed was a bust..
not your fault , i realise..
but still would like apple authorised places.

can you tell me how to get you the bonus?

agnes

you have received the first $9.00 correct?
Somehow I did get a bonus from you as well as a second accept. i guess you got it to take! I appreciate that.

Did not konw about the PC Solutions place. They claim to have Mac and PC support.

What was wrong? Out of business? don't do macs anymore?

Thanks again,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That is fine.. whatever you received.. your qualifications and your help are much appreciated..'

Yes, the business(pc solutions) has moved several times over the past couple of years.(I Did a whole bunch of google searches.). and now seems to have disappeared entirely ..!

many thanks
take care.

agnes
Bummer. OK. well either in Canada, or head out to the Apple Store in Buffalo.

Good luck.

TY

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

right.. the apple store is GREAT..great people.. good service.

i am still going to try and get that bonus to you.

thanks again,
agnes
I show a bonus was paid along with a second accept. You are good to go right now.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i got so muddled by this forum..

it IS very helpful, and you, Mike answered my questions.

i pressed a SECOND accept by mistake..

You are certainly an expert and i appreciate your help.

whatever you decide to do about this, i accept it.

This question says that it is waiting for me..

so i am not sure exactly what i am supposed to do.

( except stay away from the 'accept button' ..he he.

do appreciate your help
alice
I have allowed the Moderator to refund the second Accept as it was not mine.

All is good.

Take care.