Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Problem with Mac iBook G3 OSX 10.4.11 Cursor When Typing

Customer Question

Recently, while my computer was running, my dog jumped on the keyboard and activated and F key that brought up a dialog box about typing or hover? modes (I think). The num lock also was on. Ever since then, my cursor moves all over the place while typing (mostly into something I have already typed), forcing me to fix it. Also, when I just hover over something, it click on it. This seems to be occurring in all apps as far as I can tell.

I went into Systems preferences and put keyboard and mouse settings back to factory defaults and it has not solved the problem.

Is this a bug or a setting that I have not fixed? How do I fix it. It is making me curse.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Is the mouse just moving by itself or what exactly is it doing?

Let us know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No. I am using a laptop with a glidepad. While I am typing, the i-beam jumps to a line that i have already typed (inserts itself) and then what I am typing gets inserted there.