Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

There is an update for the new iphone and as i try to download

Customer Question

There is an update for the new iphone and as i try to download it i keep getting error-3259. please help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael L............JA MAC Tonight replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok, let's take a look at this;

I think I found the way to fix your problem, try the following links to resolve this issue

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306098

And

http://mrblognificent.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-irritation-error-3259.html

If you need more help Let me know

[b][size=4]Have another Question? [/b][/size]

I am also an Expert in the following areas, please feel free to bookmark them all, then simply return to the proper profile and ask me another question;

Appliances.... Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman

Computer... Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert

Entertainment... Michael L..JA Entertainment Tonight

General Questions... Michael L...JA General Topic Expert

Home Improvement... Michael L...........JA Construction

Homework... Michael L.....JA Classroom Help 101

Plumbing... Michael L.......JA Plumbing Repair

Remember to type somewhere in the question, this is for Michael L.

[b][Size=3] If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave [size=4][b][color=red]Feedback[/size][/color][/b].

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra [b][color=green]CASH[/b][/color] and [b][color=red]Recognition[/b][/color].

If you would like to give a [size=4][b][color=red]Bonus[/size][/b][/color] they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.[/b][/size]

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went through your first post "apple" a while ago andd your second link is for a PC it looks like because I tried to do what was posted there and my mac dont''t have what he was posting "as far as starting at line two" what else you got for me . Again I have the new Iphone and I don't need to activate it or update itunes "it's updated" and the phone is activated. Like I said "I need to update my phone and I am getting the message" so can we stay to the topic I am asking you . Updateing my new iphone "3g" ,and getting the error code 3259. Also I am on a mac not a pc.
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 5 years ago.
So right now the iPhone 3G is at 2.0, and you want to update it to 2.0.1, and when you click check for update it says 3259?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes on the 2.0 trying to update to 2.0.1 and it will download for a while "around 80mb" but then it stops and gives the error message. I turned off norton anti v. and even went into the controll panel-shareing-turned off internal fire wall for itunes. I am at a loss big time. I know it says the update is to fix bugs (my email on my iphone stoped working" i hope this helps if we get er worked out. Thanxs for working with me on this
What may fix this issue, is restoring your iPhone. It will download the latest version of iPhone software to restore.

If this doesn't work let me know, I had a similar problem updating my iPhone to 2.0.1 also. But this restore technique worked. I also use Macs so we have the same setup to try some things if it doesn't work.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did that b4 also but i'll do oit again now that all the fire wals are e turned off, be back onit in a bit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried it two more times "restore" and nothing but the error message after a while of downloading. : (
So it doesn't even complete the download?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I wrote a reply a while ago but it's not showing up so here it is again. Never a complete download always error 3259
This is going to sound strange, but try this...

1. On the iPhone, turn the Airplane mode ON and turn Wi-Fi off

2. Start the iPhone update in iTunes

3. Watch the entire download in iTunes and when it completes IMMEDIATELY turn off Airplane mode and turned on wifi (prior to the phone installing the new software).

4. You will then be prompted by the iPhone to connect to iTunes and iTunes will begin its backup and installation process.

Let me know if this works; I know it sounds strange.
If this doesn't work here is the direct link to the 2.0.1 firmware for the iPhone 3G:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-5134.20080729.Q2W3E/iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw

Download it and when it completes we can manually override iTunes to install it.
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience: B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's done, this is what I did...
1. turn off norton
2. turn off internal fire wall for itunes
3. tried the links at apple.com
4. then did what the first person "Michael L" said, no good what so ever
5. did what you said
6. turned off screen saver and bypassed my wireless router and i am thinking that
takeing the wireless router outa the loop might have been the trick.
I'm glad your back up and working, is your email working better on the iPhone?
I'm glad you're back up and working, is your email working better on the iPhone?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yep my email is back now, thanks again