Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

i need step by step info on how to download music ...

Customer Question

i need step by step info on how to download music onto my lg vantage phone from i-tunes
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
Is this music that was purchased from the iTunes Store?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: actually both.i heard there was a converter in i-tunes.i'm new to this.are you still working on it.
Yes, the main issue with the ones purchased on iTunes, is the DRM that apple adds called FairPlay. There is a technique around it and I will get together a step by step for you.

To be clear, you are using a mac right?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: yes i am using and updated ibook G4. i don't know what DRM means but that doesn't matter at this point.a step by step would be great.when i plug in the lg vantage via USB and choose mass storage the iphoto program begins for me which is good but i do not see any indication that the phone is connected anywhere via tells me to eject the device before disconnecting but i see no indication of its connectivity so i cannot eject before i unplug it.don't understand this.hope the info helps.
Oh, ok. I thought you already knew how to load the music onto it. Do you know if your iBook has Bluetooth?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it does not.i was hoping to utilize the USB cable for this.thats all i have.
Okay, let me look a little more into your phone before I promise I can get this done then.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no prob.i know it connects because of the iphoto program that is displayed when i choose USB mode then hit mass storage.but the music player is always brings me online to a music store.not i-tunes of course.i simply want to download and upload music to my computer.i-tunes is the only music program i have.just to let you know i may continue this query tomorrow , in a couple hours i will be unavailable.searching online before i found this site i found write-ups about people who were successful at this with the exact same situation.they just never explain how?i hope you continue to look into it,thank-you.
Alright I pulled up the manual on it (Click Here if you want it)

Make sure the microSD™ card has been formatted on the phone so the required folders will be created for use with your phone. To format the memory card navigate the phone to Menu > Settings > Phone Information > 6. Memory > 3. Card Memory and select the Format option. Select YES to format the microSD™ card.

They say Windows XP is required but there should be a way around that.

On the phone, go to Menu >
Settings > USB Connection >
USB Mass Storage.
A prompt will be displayed
stating “PC Connection Set”.
Press END key to return to
standby mode. After a few
seconds, a new explorer
window containing the
following folders should pop
up on the computer screen:
  • My_Audios
  • My_Images
  • My_Music
  • My_Videos
I found you a solution, albeit not the method you originally intended.

What you can do is take the microSD card out and use a device like this:

To connect it to your USB port and transfer your music.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
there is now a drive icon that appears."no name".choosing that brought me to a screen that displays:all my music, recently added,recently played respectively.choosing those does nothing.and i think the card was probably formatted.the phone did not mention some of the steps,( 6. and3.), did not even exist on the menu.needless to say.i'm further than i was.what now?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i think i have an adapter because i upgraded to 4G and the package contained 2 adapters.can i do it that way?will i lose phone memory by doing this all the time?
I want to get you to try to find the format function, since there should be a picture folder, video folder and music folder.

If you wish to see if it will work however, you could try dragging a song from iTunes that you didn't purchase from Apple into the All My Music Folder.

See what that does.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i was able to format.not sure what to do now.i dragged a song to "all my music but it called it an invalid file.i don't gaot me on track anyway.