Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I have just purchased a MAC OSX v. 10.5.2. I have ...

Customer Question

I have just purchased a MAC OSX v. 10.5.2. I have installed Windows XP Pro but now what. How do I go from MAC (when it boots up) to windows.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this.

If you mean start up Boot Camp into your Windows XP, then either choose System Preferences and choose Startup Disc. Click on the Windows icon and Restart.

If you want to choose during Startup of Mac, then hold down the Option key on your keyboard immediately after the Mac turns on. Hold it until you see a Startup Manager screen. Choose your Windows icon and click Continue/Startup

Either method will get you into Windows. The first method is a permanent choice, requiring the second method to temporarily change it. To change back to Mac Os X as the default Startup OS, then follow the first method above, but instead choose Macintosh HD or whatever your startup disk is called. Close the window and on next restart or boot up, the Mac will start instead of Windows.

If this helps, please choose Accept.