Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

My computer is still running very slow and even though I ...

Customer Question

My computer is still running very slow and even though I backed up my information on memory stick, I have to start all over loading all of my information and updating my system from OSX10.4.3 to OXS10.4.11. Please tell me why and what I need to do to correct this problem. I'm even having a very hard time downloading. Please let Aggie answer this question since he is familiar with my case.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
You are currently at 10.4.3?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: Nothing is operating correctly anymore
Let me help you tomorrow, alright?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Why not, my computer isn't even running like it was before I asked my original question. I sure am glad I paid for what I'm experiencing now.
I found you a great step by step procedure on how to install OS X:

http://www.informit.com/library/content.aspx?b=Mac_OS_X_Unleashed&seqNum=26
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had to download and reinstall both Safari and OSX10.4.11 and iTunes 7.7 and that stupid pin wheel still appears. I lost all of my music that I paid for and other information. The stick didn't do me any good at all. I put the stick in one of my usb ports and with in a matter of seconds the icon appeared. I opened it and there was all of the programs and information. I dragged   all of the icons to my hard drive and when I clicked on them I got a error message that said , the alias couldn't be found.
The music that you paid for can be recovered if you mean the ones bought from the iTunes Store.

Your computer seems to either be too slow or have too little RAM for your purposes.

I can give you the email address to contact to get your iTunes music restored, but you may want to wait to restore your music until you have a different computer that can accommodate your needs. Let me know what I can do to help. I will do all I can to point you to the best machine for you or where to buy the correct type of ram.

Let me know what route you want to take.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Being on SSDI I thought I would be able to purchase a iMac, but finances are very limited. I don't understand why was able to download and purchase 72 songs without any problem. How do I restore all of the information that was supposedly backed up on the stick?
Just e-mail Apple Support at:
[email protected]

Tell them that the purchases were accidently deleted and that you need them to reauthorize you to download them.

To restore the backed up information from the USB stick, just drag the files off of the stick and onto your computer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Why do you think I don't have enough Ram? I was able to download all of the music before and still had more than enough Ram left.
What you are talking about is disk space, which holds your files.

I am talking about RAM (Random Access Memory) it stores what you are currently using, including the operating system. It is much faster than the hard drive. If your computer doesn't have enough RAM it is forced to store things that could be held in RAM to the hard drive.

Go to the Apple Menu>About this Mac

Tell me what it says under Processor & Memory

Also what type of iMac do you have?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1.12 GB 450 MHZ
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I went to the website you suggested and found no support for my music that was deleted
1.12 GB is not the problem, that is plenty. 450 is quite slow, so it is the processor. What type of iMac is it, is it the one that looks like a sunflower?
no, you need to email them at that email address, they can reauthorize your music downloads.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't have a iMac! I have a G-4 desktop pc
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well Aggie, guess what? The stupid pin wheel is back! I guess we didn't solve the problem after all.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I opened my clone and dragged everything to my hard drive and none of my information was saved. Now what do I do?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well Aggie, I guess you gave up on me now that you got paid. I never should have listened to either one of you. My computer is so messed up now.