Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

So whats the deal with Error 17099, it is so annoying.

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
Error -17199 and -18587

Entourage 2004 Exchange Error:

Attempting to send anything yields either 'Unknown Error -17199' or 'HTTP Error. Access to the resource is forbidden. Error -18597.'

This is probably because the e-mail address you typed in the Exchange account dialog does not exactly match the one the server expects. Since the addresses don't match, it doesn't allow you to send.

Entourage 2001

A message in your outbox could not be sent, the account which created it cannot be found

Messages in your Outbox cannot be delivered because of an addressing problem. RESOLUTION To resolve this behavior, delete or remove messages that cannot be sent from your Outbox, and then click Send & Receive . MORE INFORMATION The error message can occur when an Entourage Identity has been configured with multiple e-mail accounts, and one of the e-mail accounts has either been removed or is not functioning. When you click the Send & Receive button, Entourage attempts to deliver the messages in your Outbox, but cannot because it cannot access one of the e-mail accounts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Aggie,

I did have someone remove an old email address. The message and accompanying nasty sound comes up four times every time I click "send and receive". Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

Francis Morris
Which version of entourage are you using?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: Sorry Aggie, I was back at my work.

This is Entourage 2004, #11.3.6 (070618
I would recommend removing all accounts from Entourage and reentering them.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Aggie,

I need a bit of guidance. Are these to be found under Account Settings or Switch Identity? And then what?

Go under Tools to Accounts

There should be a list of Accounts that pops up.

Make sure you know the settings for your email provider before doing this next step:

Click on each account and click Delete.

Then Proceed to Click New and remake your email accounts.

This should correct your problem, if not reply to this thread and I will give you a few more ideas, we can delete preference files for entourage if this doesn't work.