Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Problem with front row

i have a macbook which is only about a month old. when i originally watched movie trailers in front row, they seemed to load really quickly and then play all the way through until the end. However, over the past few days, they can take up to 2 minutes to load and then when they eventually start to play, they stop after only about 10 seconds to buffer the next 10 seconds of the trailer!   Any ideas folks? Thanks
Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you.

Do you run any other applications at the same time as Front Row? Like Parallels is running in background?

High processor usage sounds like the issue. I would first try to make sure nothing is running while using Front Row. Quit all Apps that you won't need during your Front Row time.

How much memory is in your MacBook?
Again, if you run a few or many apps at once, nothing wrong with it, then you risk running out of real memory and start using Virtual Memory. This will cause the Mac to slow down and video is usually where you see it the worst. 1GB minimum, 2GB preferred.

Has your Internet Connection changed recently?
Check to make sure your Router/WiFi is working to spec. Restart the Router/Access Point and then restart your Mac. See if that clears it up.

Lastly, restart your Mac and hold down the Shift key until it starts to boot up. When you get to the login screen, which can take several minutes to appear, then log in and wait until it starts up fully. Be patient as this can take some time to finish.

Here is a link to Apple Support article:

After it finishes booting up, choose Restart again and let it boot up normally. The Safe Mode boot up runs some maintenance procedures and cleans out the caches. Maybe this will help with this as well.

Let me know how it works.

If you like this answer, please click Accept.