Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

My itunes library was just deleted from my computer... I ...

My itunes library was just deleted from my computer... I had gotten many messages that there was no room to save itunes and that my start up disk was almost full..., and as I tried to move things to an external hard drive to make space, the itunes library disappeared. Most is on my ipod (not all recently purchased music, but most) but I don''t know the steps to restore. I tried putting the itunes library.xml on the desktop and then importing, but nothing happened. Can I get my itunes library back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
what type of computer do you use? (Mac or PC)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: mac - old one. dual 533 powerpc g4 running version 10.4.11
Use Senuti it is a simple application that allows you to transfer songs from your iPod to your computer.

Download Here:

http://fadingred.org/senuti/
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: I'm really not good at this... so I downloaded it and put it in my applications folder. Do I just connect my ipod now? I'm just really nervous to lose the contents of the ipod.
Just Drag and drop songs into iTunes.

It is simple to add songs to iTunes regardless of your preferences. Simply select the songs you want to copy, then drag them to iTunes in the source list. The songs will be copied to your computer then added to iTunes.

Here are detailed instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/senuti/wiki/SenutiAndITunes