RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.

I have a PowerBook G4, originally with OSX.1, and I ...

Customer Question

I have a PowerBook G4, originally with OSX.1, and I recently upgraded to Leopard. What I failed to realize that my peripherals (camera, scanner, PhotoStudio, etc.) are not compatible with 10.5. I want to try to go back to Tiger, which I will have to purchase. Can I "downgrade" without losing all my data? Would you recommend that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
Before you do that, you should check the manufactures websites for you peripherals and see if they have updated drives for 10.5.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: I'm sorry. I need a little more information. There is currently not a updated driver for the scanner, and I don't know about the camera. If there are not drivers available, what would happen if I try to downgrade to Tiger? What would you recommend?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I seem to have fallen into your black lagoon, where I'm asked to deposit more money, but receive no satisfactory answer for the question. Not a good way to run a help desk. I certainly would like a response, but cannot take any more time. It's been over a half hour. I would not be able to recommend this service.
I have no experience with trying to downgrade an Apple install.

My guess is that it won't be easy or work well.

I've Opt-ed out of the question in case other experts can help you.