Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

When I move my mouse, the whole desktop moves about 1/2 an ...

Customer Question

When I move my mouse, the whole desktop moves about 1/2 an inch in every direction as if my desktop were larger than my screen. No settings have been changed to cause this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve555 replied 6 years ago.

Hi there.

What operating system are you using? XP? Vista?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve Gardner's Post: leopard, it's a mac that was fine last night and then suddenly this morning it was wierd
Expert:  Steve555 replied 6 years ago.
Ahh. Ok. I'll move this to Mac for you. Someone will help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve Gardner's Post: thanks!!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Sorry about the delay, I did not read the question and did not know that it was never answered.

Did you figure it out or did it stop?

Do you still need our help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Mike's Post: I never got an answer
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok.

Need to know what Mac this is and what Leopard version. Tell me laptop or desktop, screen size/type, everything.

Also...
Can you go to the System Preferences and click on the Displays icon?

I want you to tell me what resolution the screen is set to. Here's what to loook for in the Displays Preference.

At the top make sure the tab is set to Display, not Color
On the left side of the window, under Resolutions, look for the line in the list box that is highlighted. That is the screen resolution. 1440x900 for example.

Send that number set to me along with your Mac info.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Wait a minute...

Check one more thing... In System Preferences click on the blue Universal Access icon.

Check to make sure 'Zoom' is turned off. If not, click the Radio Button for Off and screen should go back to normal.
Make a note of the key commands: option/command/= to zoom in, option/command/- to zoom out, option/command/8 to turn on/off

If this helps you, please click Accept.

Thanks,
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Mike's Post: 1680x1050

Mac OS X Verson 10.5.4
Processor 2 HGZ Intel Core Duo
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was the zoom thing!! That fixed it!! Thank you!!!!!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Excellent. Probably a mistyping of keys by accident.

Glad to see it fixed that. And thanks for the Bonus. Very much appreciate that.