Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

power botton failure will not turn on macbook

replaced motherboard and got macbook to turn on by jumping it, power botton will not work? can i replace botton or do i need to buy another keyboard?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this.

It looks like from all of the pictures/take-aparts I can find that it is part of the keyboard assy.

I found one on ebay for 34.99. It's black. This would be the best way.

If I can help any more, let me know.

If you like this answer, please click Accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Mike

Thank you for your answer I too saw that keyboard for sale earlier.
I have also seen complete keyboards. Question, how do you take
the keyboard you found and install it on the keyboard case panel?
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Yeah, the difference is one is already on the top case and one needs to be put on it. Both require aknowledge of taking the MacBook apart.

There are take apart sites out there, just do a google for them and follow along. I can't help with that here as I do not want to give advice that may lead to damage of your Mac.

I am a repair tech and it can be fairly daunting to do, so go slowly and document everything so you knw how to go backwards. Once in, it should be fine.

Hope this helps. If so, please click Accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Mike,

It would be helpful if you gave the name of the sites to take apart, i only know one. I Fix It. thank you
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Sorry about the take apart links. I feel it is best if you choose the site thats best and not the ones I may or may not use. I won't recommend I site that I did not use.

Glad to hear it is fixed.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, what i meant was is the only site i know, but it doesn't have got to take a keyboard apart?
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
No, as far as I can tell, the keyboard is not a part, but still available as one from broken top cases.

I have not taken one apart (top case) and cannot find any other take aparts that go on to removing the keyboard.

Sorry I can't help more.