Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

i just did a software update on my computer once ...

Customer Question

i just did a software update on my computer once I restarted it - the computer started up like I just bought it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

HI,

What operating system are you using?

Do you know which update you performed?

Did you download the update or was it on a disk?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
leopard
i don't know- there were 9 software updates and my husband said I should update my computer so I did- and it installed them and said to restart my computer so I did. when I turned it on a set up assistant came on, like I am setting up my computer for the first time.
This is so detrimental my entire company is on my computer.
can I uninstall those updates

please help me
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Could you restart your Mac and immediately hold down the SHIFT key when you hear the chime.

Hold it until you see the rotating gear below the grey Apple on the startup screen.

Release it and the computer should eventually take you to the Safe Boot login screen , although it may take up to 30 minutes.

Login like normal and then once all the way up reboot like normal.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Experience: IEEE, Microsoft
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
once I did that it brought me to two log in screens both start that setup assistant again
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Claws224's Post: I did that and it brought me to my log in- typed in password XXXXX it brought up that set up assistant again.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Click the Restart button located at the bottom of the login window and let the computer restart normally.

Let me know if the assistant shows up.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when I come to the safe boot- do I restart from there or do I log in first and then reboot?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok

Perform the restart into Safe Boot and dont log in, Instead click the restart button and let it reboot like normal.

If it works you may see some updates flashing by however it should come up to the normal login box, In which case log in like normal.

Let me know what hapens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Claws224's Post: it is running those 9 software updates again just waiting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it said updating cache boot or something and said it would have to restart so never allowed me to log in
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

If it seems it has hung up leave it to run so it can install the updates cleanly.

Let me know when you can log in.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OMG it worked... thank you thank you.
I need to pay by Pay Pal how do I do that. OMG you are heaven I swear I about lost my life thank you thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I put in the wrong credit card that is not working how do I pay with pay pal?
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Glad to hear it worked for you.

I will let the Admin group know you need some assistance wth paypal.

Thanks for using Jstanswer.com and let us know if we can help in the future

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will they email me can I sent you money directly I seriously appreciate your help
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

They will send you a message/email and take care of any problems you may have so feel free to shut down and call it a night.

Thanks