Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

When opening Adobe Photoshop program it quits. If it ...

When opening Adobe Photoshop program it quits. If it manages to stay open, it quits when I try to save a file. Helped by Aggie Mac Master last night, deleted and reinstalled all programs as she instructed, problem still exists. Adobe Version cue will not update, either. Updates fail, is this part of the problem? Using imac with OSx version 10.4.11, and Adobe Creative suite 2.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help out here.

Do you have any scanners?

Have you installed all updates from Adobe?

What have you tried so far?

Let me know and we'll get you going again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have any scanners in use. I tried installing all updates from adobe, but the update for Version Cue keeps failing to install.
Last night I tried uninstalling my entire Adobe Creative Suite, and then reinstalling it, and then doing the updates. I was given a very long list of files to clean out to make sure I got all of them. I went by the instructions exactly, but while I was doing so I did notice there were still some stray Adobe files that were not on the list provided to me, so I left them alone. Should I have deleted everything that I saw with Adobe attached to the file name?
I think the problem has something to do with the Version Cue part of the creative suite. It's what I keep noticing in the backround, doing funny things.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok. Here is what i found. There seems to be a corruption of a file that has to do with TWAIN.

Go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop/Plug-ins/ImportExport/TWAIN.plugin

Disable Photoshop's TWAIN plug-in by putting a Tilde (~) in front of its name like this

~TWAIN.plugin

then restart the mac and try to open Photoshop again.

The VersionCue piece is another mystery. If we still have issues after TWAIN is disabled, then we can look at that.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting