Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

I have a 30Gb ipod purchased last year, configured for my ...

Customer Question

I have a 30Gb ipod purchased last year, configured for my mac itunes. I now have a pc, and cannot download the ipod contents. How do I transfer my data to my pc, and set it up for further use. Thanks Jessica
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
There is a program that allows you to access your Macintosh formatted iPod on your Windows PC. It is called MacDrive it can be found here:

They have a 5 day free trial version, which will give you enough time to transfer your iPod's contents to your PC.

If you find the program particularly useful it can be purchased from the same site for $49.99

If you need anything else, let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I downloaded the Macdrive, and do not see any reference to ipod information transfer..??
the macdrive program allows Windows to read the Macintosh HFS+ file system. You should be able to see it in My Computer.

You will now need to use another program to remove all the music and videos from your iPod:

This program will allow you to extract tracks from iPod music players back to host computer.
Did this solution work for you?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Aggie Mac Master's Post: The Macdrive6 didn't help The ipodgetter got me a file in my itunes somewhere, but I have to leave on a trip, so I'll deal with it when I get back. Aggie, if you are available to help me in ten days or so, would you leave your contact address on my email xxxxxxxx. Thanks, Jessica