Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

Have several issue but first & foremost is uninstalling ...

Have several issue but first & foremost is uninstalling iTunes from my Titanium G4 puchased used on eBay & running Tiger. I was told I must uninstall iTunes 7 & install iTunes 7.7 to get my iPod Shuffle to do its thing. Help!!!
You should be able to just update iTunes 7 to 7.7 by downloading it here:

Try to install it, and if it doesn't work, let me know because most likely you have another problem.

If this answers your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I installed 7.7 and zip happened. I connected my iPod shuffle and was expecting the start page to come up but nothing happened...iTunes just stared at me oblivious to my frustration!
What version of Tiger are you running, you can find it in the Apple Menu>About This Mac
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tiger OSX 10.4.11
And when you go to the Apple Menu>Software Update... does it tell you that there are no available updates?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is crazy, it says to install iTunes update 7.7 which I did earlier!
Do you have the Tiger discs for it? If you do, I want to try a technique that works for just about every issue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have the original Mac OS X Tiger install disc. The upgrades were downloads on-line. And I must go to sleep very, very soon...
I want you to try to repair the system disk, here are the steps involved. Often the reason for problems like these is a corruption of the UNIX file system, which this procedure fixes

1. Disk Utility cannot repair the directory structure of the active startup disk but in Mac OS X 10.4, it can verify the active startup disk. To repair an OS X system disk with Disk Utility, you must startup the computer using an Apple Software Restore disc (included with newer Macs) or a Mac OS X Install disc. Insert the disc, restart the computer, and hold the C key when you hear the startup sound. You can release the key when the gray Apple appears.

2. It is normal for the computer to take longer to startup from a CD or DVD. The disc will automatically start the OS X installer but you do not need to reinstall OS X. If you are prompted to select a language and you do not see the menu bar at the top of the screen, click the right arrow button to proceed to the next screen.

3. Choose Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

4. Select the name of the hard drive (e.g. Macintosh HD) on the left side of the window and click the First Aid tab if it is not already selected. To check the directory of the disk and attempt repair of any problems found, click the Repair Disk button. If it finds any problems, it will list them. Otherwise, it will say "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK."

To check and repair system file permissions, select the name of the hard drive on the left and click the Repair Disk Permissions button.

If this doesn't work, respond back and I can try to find a different technique for you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK. I'm accepting this answer and have copied your instructions. I've got to go to sleep NOW! Will do this tomorrow. If there's any problem I'll get back on 'Just Answer' tomorrow and look for you & continue. Hopefully this will work! Thanks so much!

Former San Franciscan soon relocating to Berkeley from Ohio - I'm comin' home soon!
Well, anything else I can help you with don't hesitate to ask, and if iTunes still doesn't work respond to this thread and I will help you get it working.