Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

How do you deal with overflowing iPhoto files iPhoto keeps ...

How do you deal with overflowing iPhoto files? iPhoto keeps every picture in a single file. Can they be broken up and placed on external hard drives and still be accessible?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
I found the perfect solution for you it is a little program called iPhoto Library Manager:

They have a free and a pay version.

You can do these things with it:

-Split a large library apart into smaller, more manageable libraries

-Merge multiple libraries together into one

-Create multiple iPhoto libraries, instead of having to keep all your photos in a single library

-Copy photos from one library to another while retaining titles, comments, keywords, ratings, and dates

-Switch to another library with one click by using shortcut files

This sounds like the perfect solution for you!

If this answers your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have downloaded the program and hope to try it soon. My hard drive on my MacBook Pro is almost full with 32 GB of pictures. It needs to be split and saved in other places. Then I can have access on the MacBook to those pictrues I want to see often and hopefully to those on an external HD for those archived.
I know the feeling, the thing that would be perfect for you with that is the new Apple Time Capsule:

You may want to consider that, but it is a bit expensive.

Thanks again for using Just Answer, and I would be greatly appreciative if you would leave me a positive feedback.

If you ever need any more assistance, just ask for me.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Time capsule sounds good, although there have been some complaints. I have System 10.4, not Leopard, so I guess time capsule is not yet appropriate.