Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

I am trying to connect my iMac to an HP Officejet Pro ...

I am trying to connect my iMac to an HP Officejet Pro L7780. It is connected thru a wired ethernet hub. The scanner works fine but it won''t print from the mac, I just get a communications error. Printer works fine from a windoes machine on the same ethernet hub. Running OS X Version 10.5.4.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
All you need to do is install the Driver Package for the HP Officejet Pro L7780. You can download it from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL22657/mp-59687-1/HP_Installer_OJPL7X00_v9.7.1.dmg

This download includes the HP Officejet driver, HP Printer Utility, and HP Photosmart Studio imaging software for Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5.

If you need help installing it after you have it downloaded, just reply back and I can walk you through the process.

If this answers your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.