Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

how do you put meta tags or meta data to the site I built ...

how do you put meta tags or meta data to the site I built with iweb and host with godaddy.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
Meta tags are added to the HEAD section of a webpage.

You cannot do that in iWeb.

To add the code you have to open the published webpages in a HTML editor of your choice. Then add the code.

When you change the pages in iWeb, the edited pages will be overwritten by iWeb and you have to start all over again.

Meta tags are only part of way you are found. Good content is better. Plus links from others to your pages are taken into account.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks so much I kinda had figured this out but I had read there was a way to add a dummy page that could load the data..... How about the latest upload of iweb?? will that allowed the coding.
I appreciate your response if you have anything further to add I would appreciate it.