PC Doctor
PC Doctor, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  BSc EE Computer & Electronics since 1975 "Uber Design Eng."

I am working in InDesign 1.5 (yes, Im upgrading ...

Customer Question

I am working in Adobe InDesign 1.5 (yes, I''m upgrading soon) and suddenly it won''t let me save a document. When I go to "save as" it does nothing. This is also happening in a old version of Illustrator 9.0 (although it doesn''t happen in Illustrator 10.3). I am working on a MAC. I deleted alot of InDesign documents and cleaned out my harddrive and reinstalled the software and nothing has worked. This has happened to me before and I can''t remember what I did to fix the problem. I''m getting ready to completely upgrade my system with a new computer and Creative Suite 3. I am worried I won''t be able to bring in old files into the new environment. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  PC Doctor replied 8 years ago.
It appears to be some permission confusion with OSX.
DOes it say "Save not complete. File rename failed. Retry?" and/or save to a temp or text file?
If so, do you know how to run Access Control Lists (ACLs) on the volume (with proper ACEs).and assign user permissions to folders? If you search how to do this, it may resolve your issue.
Expert:  PC Doctor replied 8 years ago.
YOur Feedback is kindly appreciated. How am I doing? I am new to this forum....