Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a problem. I want to not check a pop account anymore ...

I have a problem. I want to not check a pop account anymore (and actually just forward future mail to another email address), but when I uncheck Enable Account in Apple Mail, all the mail in Apple Mail for that account disappears. It comes right back when you check Enable Account but I don''t want to be checking that account anymore but do want to keep the existing mail Seems like strange behavior.

The easiest way to achieve what you wish to do is to open the Mail menu and select Preferences Click Accounts, then highlight the mail account you wish to delete and click the minus sign.

This way you remove the POP information so that the account will remain however your machine will not check for mail from the server.

Let us know if you need more info.