Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User
11127226

I have a new hard drive in my ibook G4. Although the ...

Customer Question

I have a new hard drive in my ibook G4. Although the wireless status icon shows a full connection, when I try to go online, I get the "you are not connected to the internet" message.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
You should reset your wireless router and DSL or Cable modem. More often than not, that will fix the problem. The other possibility is that you are connected to the wrong wireless network; it can happen quite often in high rise buildings. Click the wireless icon and make sure the correct network is selected.

I don't think it has anything to do with your new hard drive.

If this doesn't work, let me know what version of OS X you are running and I will give you some other things to try.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Never hurts to ask, but the correct network IS selected.

When we reset the router with the password, the message from ibook is that they have assigned a password XXXXX "may not work" Yup! I have OS X 4.
It sounds like the problem is with the router; you don't know the correct password XXXXX access the network.

What brand and model is your router?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The router serves my husband's PC as well, and he can access the internet wirelessly through the router. The router is a D-Link , model DI 524
Are you sure that the password XXXXX your computer and his computer are the same?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
with my "old" hard drive, they were. Now. . . using that password XXXXX do anything.