Aggie Mac Master
Aggie Mac Master, Mac Genius
Experience:  B.S. Biology from Texas A&M University and Long-time Mac User

There is an icon-sized cow image on my screen

There is an icon-sized cow image on my screen with comic "thought boxes" displaying somewhat snarky remarks. Is this a virus, or something that normally happens?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Aggie Mac Master replied 8 years ago.
It is an easter egg in Final Cut Pro 4.5. This egg may work with older versions of Final Cut Pro

The egg will present itself if FCP is left alone for several days. There is a way to call upon Bruce, however.

In FCP, press [Option-J]
In the search field in the opened window, type "Bruce".
The search box will have "[shift icon]Bruce". Use the left arrow key to move the cursor left and delete the shift icon. Do not press [Return].
In the main field of the window, a button option will have appeared entitled "Call Bruce". Drag this button option into any window to add it to the customizable toolbars.
Press the button.
Supposedly, Bruce was a Yak added to Final Cut Pro as the FCP equivalent of the Mac OS's Clarus [the famous Dogcow].

Here is a whole discussion on this phenomenon: