RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.

How to I use textedit to write an HTML format I am in ...

Customer Question

How to I use textedit to write an HTML format? I am in school and need to use it like they would use Notebook for Windows. I also need to know how to save both the html text and the web visible text in the same folder using textedit.
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately you can't use TextEdit for this purpose because it saves in rich text format.

However you can use TextWrangler which is free. It was originally BBEdit which was originally and editor built for hand coding HTML.

Basically, you just need to set the file extension properly. .html or .htm for html files, and .txt for plain text files. The webserver/browser will then know what to do with them.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you