RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.

I have an iMac System 10.4.11. Intel Core Duo. Using ...

Customer Question

I have an iMac System 10.4.11. Intel Core Duo. Using Numbers, I updated a file. Afterwards, I realized I wish I hadn't used the "Save" command. I would really appreciate getting a past version of of this file back. How can I do it? I have only the utilities that came bundled with this computer. I've never used iDisk or anything like that. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
I assume you don't have a backup.

Most likely the data has been over written. If you are lucky and the data was not over written, then you need to look at tools that undelete deleted files. See this article for software that will do that.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: Thank you for trying. I'm glad you didn't have to spend much time on this. I'm resigned to the loss of my file. Life goes on.
Sorry to hear that.

Just thought I'd add that Apple's Time Machine feature in 10.5 was designed for just this sort of thing.

Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
His/your response didn't fix the problem but I don't blame you for that. I am glad he/you didn't spend much time on it. It would be nice if we could leave fractions. I'd love to leave $10 to this person for his time and effort. And I might invest in Time Machine.