RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.
2990473

Creating mixes from my itunes

I have several podcasts lasting about an hour with about 20 different tracks on each. I only like several of the tracks and want to make a cd of those tracks I like from all of the different podcasts. I have a new mac that came with ilife including garageband and imovie.
Well you can import the podcast into GarageBand and then edit out the unwanted parts and then export it back to iTunes.

Takes a bit of work, but isn't to hard once you figure out how to do it.

I have done this in the past to get parts of songs for weddings and other presentations.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: Thanks for answering.

you said:

>Well you can import the podcast into GarageBand and >then edit out the unwanted parts and then export it >back to iTunes.

It is the editing out of the unwanted parts that I have spent time trying to figure out how to do. How do I edit out parts of the song.

What I do now is drag the song from itunes. Than I play it and I hit the big record button and then the music stops and it makes this weird recording noise. I don't think that it is recording the actual part that I like.
Drag the podcast onto GarageBand window to import it.

Play until you get to the point you want to make a split at.

Press command (Apple key) and T. This will split the track.

Repeat making all the splits you want.

Then click else where on the window to deselect the track.

Then click on the split part you don't want and press backspace/delete.

You should now have only the parts you want left.

Drag them close together and use the menu Share->Send Song to iTunes".

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RoeIncarnate's Post: Great you rock, apple rocks and my tracks rock!