Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a PowerBook G4 15 mac laptop. I orginally had ...

Customer Question

I have a PowerBook G4 15" mac laptop. I orginally had 93.04 GB free. I am running very low on space, and would like to clean my laptop to free up space. I went to the Apple store and an employee told me about a website, that I would find a program to clean my hard drive of unwanted files such as all the languages they load on, when you get your mac. I also have alot of photos and some video I need to take off. What program or procedure can I use to free hard disk space and safely eliminate unneeded files. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

By the ounds of things what you are describing is a program like Disk Inventory X this will give you tree map which shows where and what is using up all your disk space so that you can identify any bloated or larger files you may wish to remove.

However you may be better off obtaining a firewire eternal drive like the Maxtor onetouch which would allow you to run your applications and files from a large external drive and leave your drive space for your swapfile.

Let us know if you need more info.