RoeIncarnate
RoeIncarnate, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have used Macs all my life (20+ years) and currently develop OS X applications.
2990473

hello! i have a new (to me) macbook pro (with OSX 10.5 ...

hello! i have a new (to me) macbook pro (with OSX 10.5 installed). it belonged to someone else. i want to change the root user/home folder name to match my new account information in the "account" section of the users panel. just to clarify, i have changed the account info in shared and in users with my new info, but the main home folder still has the old name. this something you can help me with? thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  RoeIncarnate replied 8 years ago.
The easiest way is to create a new account and then delete the old one using the System Preferences Accounts pane.

There are more complicated ways to do this, but they don't always work, if you want them, I can find them for you, just let me know.

If this is the answer to your question, please kindly select * ACCEPT * so I can be rewarded for my efforts.